Office refurbishment in B bonded warehouse
Phase 1: Remodel the Children and Young People’s Service offices to provide:
- New wheelchair friendly waiting room and reception area
- 2 new meeting rooms to give better, more comfortable spaces to talk to families
- Disabled toilet and baby-changing facilities
- Removing public access to the Records Office and the Create Centre via the Children and Young People’s service.
- New lockable facility for IT communications equipment and new fire doors
The work required new partitioning using de-mountable panels, lowered ceilings with integral ceiling lights, new wiring for fire alarms and security. Full reecoration
Phase 2: remodeling large open plan office space on the 3rd floor to provide:
- 2 new offices and 3 new training rooms all with high performance insulation and sound proofing.
- Rewiring for a new IT suite
- New fire door and a replacement doorway and door to allow wheelchair access.
- Occupied environment.
- Accoustics amplified noise; drilling or other noisy work was restricted.
- Short lead time and challenging completion target
- 3.5 meter ceilings
"very smart, very clean, very warm"